Wednesday, July 20, 2011

"It gives one a feeling of solidarity, almost of continuity with the past, that sort of thing." (Salesman, Breakfast at Tiffany's)

There are a number of outdoor film nights that take over the green spaces around D.C. each summer. But for more than a month I'd only had eyes on the one at the Yards Park on July 14 with some friends for a sundown showing of "Breakfast at Tiffany's."

This has been my favorite movie since the 8th grade and despite countless viewings in my own home over the years, I'd never seen it on a big screen. Until now.


I'm still building up to writing about my love for both this film and Ms. Audrey herself. But in the interim I'll just say that I love this movie with all my heart. It makes me laugh, cringe, sigh, blush, and cry. I am equal parts Holly, "Fred," Cat, Doc, and laughing/crying woman in mirror. And when the "mean reds" hit sometimes "a place that makes me feels like Tiffany's" is a place where I can spend time with my friends on a beautiful summer night watching a "darling" little film.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails