Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Things I Find Annoying This Week

This week, I'm finding it annoying:
  • When someone refers to a mixed-gender or female-only group of people as "you guys." (To be fair, this bothers me ALL THE TIME.) I don't understand how we've turned "guys" into meaning "guys and gals" or just "gals." I was watching the WOMEN'S World Cup game today and my (male) coworkers kept calling them "guys." THERE ARE ONLY WOMEN ON THE FIELD. HOW HARD IS IT TO SAY LADIES? (They insist that guys doesn't mean just men anymore, but I have to vehemently disagree.)
  • That I bought a very nice, not cheap dress from Anthropologie and today, only the second time I've worn it, the hem came out in the back. And in case you don't know already, my daily life doesn't involve gymnastics, pole vaulting, or marathon running; there is no reason why sitting at a desk all day should cause a bum hem.
  • For three nights in a row I've been waking up around 4 a.m. because of anxiety dreams. Except the dreams are about things I'm not actually anxious about. And I have A LOT of anxieties, so if I'm going to lose sleep over something, I'd actually prefer it to be something I'm legitimately worried about.
  • I have a pair of brown sandals I've had for about 4 years and in the past month or so I've started "falling off" them repeatedly, every time I wear them. I say "falling off" because they are only about a 1/2 inch off the ground.
  • That I signed up for Amazon one click ordering at some point and also connected my iTunes to my debit card so that I don't think twice about buying song after song after album after album.
  • That last week I went home and have many good things to write about and many pictures to post but instead I'm writing this annoying post. But it feels really good to vent so I hope you all forgive me.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails