Sunday, December 07, 2008

Day 342: The most wonderful time of the year!

The past two days in DC have been unseasonably, bitterly, unbearably cold. So naturally we decided to go to the open air, completely exposed to the elements, Eastern Market. But of course it was worth it as Mom and Melissa really enjoyed it and we found some good finds. I managed to find a gift for a friend and held out as long as I could without buying something for myself, but caved in the end and I bought, and wore, a hat with ear flaps on it. Kind of Elmer Fudd like, but I don't care. I must wear a hat in the winter for my ears, as after less than a minute in the cold and wind they hurt so bad I feel like I'll explode, and this covers them more securely than all my others.

Later, after I said goodbye to the guests and contemplated taking a nap, I began decorating for Christmas. Though Brandie thinks the apartment looks like Christmas threw up, I think it's warm and cheery and just what we need. Besides, no one ever died of Christmas cheer, except for maybe the roommate if she gets to close to the tinsel. This is also the first time I've had a full size tree for myself.

I'll post more pictures later, I have to get an angel for the top before it's official.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails