Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Day 345: Seriously?

It's 11 p.m. now. Time to brush my teeth, pick out clothes for tomorrow, and wind down with a book or music or a Will and Grace re-run. Or I could try and smash my head open against the wall to escape the jack-hammering and construction work that has been going on outside my apartment since 5:30!!! Yes, I know from my FHWA work that there are numerous reasons why some roadwork is done at night. But, I don't care! I want to sleep without feeling like I am living on an airstrip and the enemy is attacking. I'm a pacifist! But instead I took a cue from an episode of How I Met Your Mother, where the girls, tormented by a car alarm, attempt to hum along. Thus I hummed along to the construction noises outside my appointment. Yeah, so not working. A better distraction? Decorations! My non-ornament snowpeople from my collection.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails