Thursday, January 17, 2008

Day 17: Hey oh

I am very sad to report that cityish-life has turned me against SNOW. Snow used to fill me with such joy. Exuberance at not having to go to school, the thrill of playing in the yard and then coming into the cozy house.

But those days are gone. Replaced with slush and dirty snow and having to walk in ankle-deep muck to avoid the sidewalks, as walking on them guarantees taking a bath in streetwater thanks to drivers NOT driving for the conditions.

In order to try and get some of my enchantment with snow back, I looked up "snow" on YouTube. I spent awhile watching some college kids slide down hills and then have a massive snowball fight. Listened to the Red Hot Chili Peppers song "Snow (Hey oh)" which doesn't really have anything to do with snow, but put me in a good mood. Watched a few people make snow angels and build snowpeople.

But the video that made my heart melt a little, and made me think I'm not quite ready to write off snow completely, was a tiger eating snow and making snow angels.


I swear I will respond to comments this weekend, I'm just too exhausted tonite and can't focus. But I appreciate them all. :-)

2 comments:

  1. I am glad I dont live where you have to go to work when you get alot of snow. I just wnat it to snow 12 inches or so once a year then get warm, I so do love the sun and all goes with it, trips to the beach being the best. We have a chance of snow here Saturday could be 2-4 inches hopefully more.
    I will be a good day to sit back and wrap up in my carolina blanket and watch my boys play. Hopefully not another close 0ne. Have a great weekend!! Love Amee

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, I always wanted more snow growing up, but I just don't appreciate it as much if it's there all the time. Mom said ya'll got some snow this weekend?

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails