Sunday, January 27, 2008

Day 27: Go Twerps! (I guess.)

I'm almost ashamed to put this one down. But in a battle between evil and more evil, you just have to go with the evil. And it's even more improbable when considering what happened about this time last week, but tonite, I pulled for Maryland. And yes, I am hanging my head in shame. But when Duke/Dook/Puke is the other team, and they are ahead of you in the rankings, it's necessary to pull for the lowly turtle. I guess it only makes sense that after fighting to force the words "go Maryland" out of my mouth, they would lose. But at least I am justified in my hatred for their RIDICULOUS mascot, and confident that I am still correct in my belief that there is some hole in the time-space continuum in College Park that allowed D.J. Strawberry to play for the seven years that it felt like he was there for. At least it allowed me to practice my Duke-bashing. Always a good thing.

2 comments:

  1. i was also rooting for the Terps. But of course they play bad against Duke and beat us. Doesnt make any sense.
    Amee

    ReplyDelete
  2. FEAR THE TURTLES!!!
    AUNT SHANNON

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails