Friday, January 18, 2008

Day 18: "I guess if it's going to happen it's going to happen to you." (Aunt Amee)

I do believe the comment left by my Aunt Amee in reference to my filing cabinet incident, does pretty much sum up about...83% of what happens in my life. The 83% representing the percentage of my life experiences that fall into the embarrassing, unbelievable, and just plain absurd category.

Like today. When I unwittingly dressed like Santa Claus. I hesitated to mark this as a new thing, but when you realize about two hours into your day that you do in fact resemble the big man in red, I think it's fair to count it as a new thing. And one that most certainly will NOT be repeated.

How does this happen, and how does one not realize it until almost at the entrance to her work?
Step 1: Find black velvet pants in closet, wear them.
Step 2: Wear black snow boots expressly to avoid anything embarrassing. (I.e. falling in slush.)
Step 3: As a finishing touch, throw on new red pea coat as running out the door.
Step 4: Look down as walking, an hour after leaving home, and reach in pocket to see if I have a naughty/nice list and elves following me, because I look like SANTA.

This is my life. But at least I always have something to smile about.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails