Sunday, November 02, 2008

Day 307: I think something important happens this week...

This already interminable election era, I mean season, may have been slightly more bearable were it not for Facebook status messages. This nauseating little doohickey lets me know what my friends are doing, eating, reading, or thinking at any point in the day. Score! Which means I am also privy to their innermost musings on this election, none of which I need to know, even when I agree with them.

To be fair, I do use the status feature for some unknown reason, to update on the most mundane facts of my life that I am sure no one gives a damn about. I have, however, been especially carefully this year to not put my political beliefs out there for general consumption. Or at least, I’m really really trying. But I needed a new thing, and no matter what, I think it is important for people to vote, so I donated my Facebook status message to remind people to vote. Because, you know, I’m sure with all the TV ads, campaign signs, and never-ending coverage, they are likely to forget.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails