Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Day 316: Hair today, gone tomorrow (Oh yes, I went there.)

I've been growing my hair out for about a year now, which means I haven't had it properly cut in about a year. This might not be the case when others grow their hair out, but it is for me. I haven't seen the point to have someone charge me $50 just to trim a few split ends. But when I found out about a student hairdresser charging $10 at a salon in Dupont, I made an appointment. Two hours later, maybe a quarter of an inch shorter, and much, much lighter, I got my hair cut by a student hairdresser.

She was very attentive and did a good job. She did insist on cutting some of the weight off my normally super-thick hair, which now makes me feel bald, but other than that, it's fine. And though the salon was advertised as being interested in urban hairstyles, always striving for trendy and hip, I did not leave with a mohawk or stripes. Thank you, for that.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails