Tuesday, November 04, 2008

Day 309: It's here, it's here!

One day every four years you are not allowed to complain about getting up early, waiting in line for hours, and pricking your finger on a #2 pencil. Today was that day and I did all of these things as I voted in person, at a real voting booth, for the first time. I also voted outside of my beloved blue NC for the first time, too.

Waiting in line, three blocks from the entrance. There was a playground to the left. Brandie refused to hold my place so I could take a turn on the slide.


Getting closer...

Waiting in line, smiling at the kids selling the baked goods, and coffe, for the third grad. (They can't afford an "e.")
Brandie, debating who to vote for in our "shadow government" and being proud of our three electoral votes.
Almost there!

So I went, I froze, I voted. All was well. And then I worked and later went home and spent several hours shaking and stressing in front of my television, until I had a few Obama Pomas and calmed down a bit. (My choice of drink is not an endorsement of either candidate. But I do wholeheartedly endorse the pomegranate juice.)
And now I am happy, proud, excited, and hopeful, none of which has anything to do with my drink. Yes we did.

1 comment:

  1. WE sure did!!!! Makes you even prouder to be an AMERICAN. I only had to wait 15 minutes of course Mount Holly is just a little bit less people than DC.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails