Friday, November 07, 2008

Day 312: Fancy schmancy

Taking a break from frozen pizza and homemade girly drinks, the roommate and I had a "fancy" dinner at Zaytinya, a Mediterranean restaurant downtown.

I have been wanting to eat here since I walked by it on one of my visits, before I even moved here. I've also tried to go here twice with my book club, but it never worked out. But after waiting an hour, in the cold, with an apparently broken pager, and then freezing inside too, I finally did. And it was definitely worth it.


I think the Spanish and the Greeks are really onto something with their Tapas and Mezze fare. You are encouraged to order, and eat, multiple dishes, and no one judges you for it. Thus we had chicken, falafel, grape leaves with cheese, poufy pita bread, and the best hummus ever. I also had Lebanese wine, which was not nearly as velvety as the waiter claimed it was, and far more expensive than he let on as well, but still not bad.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails