Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Day 330: Almost home!

I could pretty much live on King Street in Alexandria. I already work there, thus spend a good portion of my day there, surrounded by great restaurants, quaint coffee shops, and stores and stores galore. If it was all enclosed, so I wouldn't have to be exposed to the elements, and if we could eliminate the cars with vendettas against pedestrians, it would be perfection.

A few months ago one of the empty storefronts put up a sign announcing the arrival of a new store called Potomac Bead Company. I waited in anticipation for months, until it opened in mid-October. But for various reasons, including lack of funding, time, and energy, I did not venture into this bead haven, three blocks from my work, until today.

Two floors of beads, beads, and more beads. Some cheap, some not remotely cheap, all awesome. I have tons of packing and cleaning to do before HOME tomorrow, but maybe I can squeeze in making a bracelet, or three.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails